1. Question Pattern for crosses

I am very new to quilling. I want to make simply crosses for Easter cards. I can not find any patterns to follow. After working as nurse for 42 years, I find this hobby intriguing and habit forming in these cold winter days. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Default Crosses

MaryLou,
    Welcome. Malinda Johnston's book has a beautiful pattern for a cross made with eccentric coils. I am not sure if they carry it on this site but I did see it on e-bay and it is also on Amazon.com. I found mine a few years ago at Barnes and Noble. Best book I ever bought. Good luck.
    Cheryl

MaryLou:

A simple basic cross is very easy to make without a pattern. Just pick a quilled shape you like (a marquise or loose circle, for example) and arrange the pieces end-to-end or side-by-side. When you have the size and look you want, then glue the pieces to each other. How many shapes you quill depends on the size cross you want.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by MaryLou
    I am very new to quilling. I want to make simply crosses for Easter cards. I can not find any patterns to follow. After working as nurse for 42 years, I find this hobby intriguing and habit forming in these cold winter days. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

4. Default Cross photos

If you want to see some pretty impressive crosses, go to flickr.com and search quilling. A few pages in there are some crosses that are really great. I'm not sure if that quiller is on this site or not.

Hope that helps!
    -a.

Default these are fab

Quote Originally Posted by summertimerolls
    If you want to see some pretty impressive crosses, go to flickr.com and search quilling.
    -a.
    I checked this out and they look lovely. Thanks for the link.
    Angie
    Angie
    Ready and Quilling

CyGal Guest

Default Combing cross

I recently bought Alli's combing kit and there is a great design in there for a cross (also in her book). I find it incredibly simple to make and it looks great.