1. Default glueing question

So when you make the things you make, how do you glue it to other paper?
    same glue or a glue stick?

are there any stores that you can get glue? michaels, walmart or target for example...rather than online?

thx

I use Elmer's craft glue for the whole project -- school glue is too watered down.

Just apply small dabs here and there and along the edges of the back of your design and stick it down.

Some put drops of glue onto wax paper, spread the glue with a toothpick and just touch the back of your piece to the spread glue and stick it down and hold for a few seconds. Immediately wipe off any excess glue that shows.

I don't use glue sticks, over time they dry out.

Your Quilling book should contain info about glue and how to apply it.

Gail

Quote Originally Posted by iamsherbear
    So when you make the things you make, how do you glue it to other paper?
    same glue or a glue stick?

are there any stores that you can get glue? michaels, walmart or target for example...rather than online?

thx
    Last edited by freedgailf; 12-30-2006 at 07:10 PM.

I also use Elmer's glue-all, just the regular stuff. I buy one large bottle, and also one of the tiniest bottles 1.25 fluid oz size. I just keep refilling the tiny bottle (until my sheltie decides to eat yet another glue bottle, then off to the store to get a new one).

I glue my strips directly from the tiny bottle, it's easy to control. Some people prefer to buy the super-fine tip bottles. I believe they have them for sale on this site. Sometimes if I have a lot of serial gluing to do I put a pond of glue into a soda bottle cap and use a toothpick.

Try a few methods and see what you prefer. I have tried the thicker Allene's craft glue, but I always return to basic Elmer's.

4. Default

Thx
    i didnt see any glue on this site. just the glue bottle. i do have the glue that came with the klutz book kit so im using that.

I like the Alene's Craft glue as it dries very quickly. I tried the clear Alene's Craft glue and it takes a long time to dry so I stick with the white glue (no pun intended)
    Sheri
    FantastiQuill

Quote Originally Posted by iamsherbear
    Thx
    i didnt see any glue on this site. just the glue bottle. i do have the glue that came with the klutz book kit so im using that.
    The white craft glue (PVC) that comes with the Klutz book is also good to use and that type of glue is what is sold on other quilling web sites in the small white plastic bottles. I don't find much difference between it and Elmer's.

I also do the same as Granite and refill my small bottle of Elmer's from the larger one, it's much easier to carry when I take my quilling with me.

I unscrew the top and dip the tip end of my toothpick into the glue and apply to my coils and when putting my shapes together. If my toothpick starts to get a buildup of glue on the tip, I just scrap it off with my fingernail.

If you ever use the pearl strips or any strips that are coated, they don't adhere as fast as the regular strips so you have to hold down the end of the coil or the pieces together a few seconds longer.

Gail

7. Default

Today at the grocery store i got the elmer's glue all
    so thx

8. Smile Tip for applying glue

Good Morning everyone and greetings from 'Down under'
    Hello everyone
    I am new to this site so if my idea has already been posted then I apologize.
    I use an empty ink refill bottle to apply my glue. The needle is very fine and firm making it extremely easy to use,(there are some that have a plastic tip and though I haven't tried this one I don't believe it would be as good) I must warn you though make sure you clean all parts especially the rubber cap.Also the first few times you use it, dispense the glue onto a piece of scrap paper,you will be surprised that even with all your cleaning, that a little bit of ink may still remain.
    I have attached a pic of the one that I use (sorry it really is a bit scrappy looking,but I'm sure you get the general idea).
    Name:  ink 001.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  33.9 KB
    Thank-you for allowing me to share this with all of you.
    Have a great day