Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default keep a gallery of your work

I also find it very useful to take digital pictures of my finished work to keep a gallery of work. For those of you that want to take "custom orders", it allows your customer to browse your previous works to make decisions. I don't sell my work, so for me its just a nice trip down memory lane to see what I've done (and who I gave it to).

Default Tools of the trade

Wow !! I can't believe all the great tips, made me scratch my head to come up with one !!
    Anyways - a tool for one thing always has other uses !! (Like the butter knife screwdriver!)
    When I am glueing anything, large or small pieces, stems, whatever, and I have glue that oooozes ! which it always does no matter how little I apply, I use a fine embossing tool (but a toothpick would do) and run around the edges of the design to "pick up" the glue. Have a sponge or wet cloth handy to wipe off your "tool" to keep it clean.

Default Keep still!

I find that styrofoam works better than cork board for me. Plus I can get pretty larg pieces for larger projects.

4. Smile A quick trick

I am new to quilling. I started to quill some things yesterday. I find it fun to do. One tip is to use tape instead of glue. Since I didn't have glue handy at the time, I used a small piece of tape to hold my circles together. I cut the tape really thin, so that is it about the width of the strip or smaller, and taped the end closed. It works fine for me, as I don't have to wait for the glue to dry or deal with the sticky mess. I also used gluestick to glue my creation on paper, and that worked fine for me, too. Hope these tips help! Happy quilling!

5. Default

Great tips everyone! One tip of mine would be to roll tight coils without using any tool, but by only using your fingers. It is the only way that I know of in which you can produce tight coils which do not have a hole in the centre. Sometimes when I do want a tiny hole in the centre of a tight coil, I use my needle tool, but normally I roll them without a tool. It takes a bit of practice, but the result is worth it, especially when making things like flower centres, berries and eyes. Scratch the end of the quilling strip a bit, wet it slightly on a damp paper towel and roll it with your thumb and index finger, making sure there is no hole in the centre.

6. Default New to quilling

I am new to quilling and still learning what works best. I really don't know of any great tips yet. I would have to say that these ladies have definently come up with some great ones.

Exclamation We have a winner!

Congratulations to carlabel in the Philippines!

You are the winner of our January contest. Your name was randomly chosen out of all those that entered to win a Quilling Kit of your choice, a Circle Template Board and a Quilling Tool Set!

Get ready for the February contest!

Dave
    Quilled Creations