Thread: I'm new!!!

1. Default I'm new!!!

Hi everyone!!
    I am new to this forum and also new to quilling. Can anyone tell me where I can go to learn how to quill on the internet?? I got into scrappin' about a year ago and have been trying new things lately and really want to learn to quill. I went out and bought the tool and a pack of 250 quilling stripes. I would love to find some info that I could print out to help me learn this a little faster. I have looked for books about quilling but no store in my area carries any of them. So I am hoping that maybe one of you could help me out and steer me in the right direction. Thanks!! I live in West Virgina in the Eastern Pandhandle---anyone live close by?? danette

Hi and welcome

If you do a search on google for quilling you will fine a lot of things to help you.

Default library

I got my first look at quilling in the library. Try the library in your area, if they don't have it, I am sure they will try to get it for you!

Also, if you have a Books a Million in your area, they will probably have books. At least you can look at them instead of buying without knowing what is inside.

But the library is a good place... it doesn't cost anything but late fees. The projects will carry you through the due back date. lol
    Last edited by roosterquill; 05-31-2005 at 11:19 PM. Reason: additional comment

Smile Hi!

I live near Harrisonburg Virginia and I buy a lot of my supplies at The Craft House in Harrisonburg. I also get the Quilling Strips made by the paper company at Michaels arts and crafts in Harrisonburg. I hope that helps ya!

5. Default

Did you check out Alli's classroom? There are directions for the basic shapes there!!! Of course if you ever have any questions feel free to ask here because everyone will try to help where they can. Welcome to the addictive world of quilling!!!!

Smile quilling paper

Quote Originally Posted by Midnyte Phyre
    I live near Harrisonburg Virginia and I buy a lot of my supplies at The Craft House in Harrisonburg. I also get the Quilling Strips made by the paper company at Michaels arts and crafts in Harrisonburg. I hope that helps ya!
    Hi Midnyte,

I don't know if you are new to quilling or not but I wanted to make a suggestion. I noticed that you said you got your paper from the paper company at Michaels craft store. Well, when I started quilling I also bought that paper at Michaels but when I went to use it it didn't quill right & it was too thick. So now I just order my paper through mail order. I don't know if you have this problem but I just wanted to tell you about it. Happy quilling
    Marianne