PDA

View Full Version : 2011 NAQGCON Newport Beach, California

freedgailf
09-27-2010, 07:33 PM
The North American Quilling Guild Conference (NAQGCON) is coming to southern California.

WHEN:
April 29 to May 1, 2011

WHERE:
Radisson Hotel Newport Beach
4545 MacArthur Blvd.
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Join the fun, classes, demos, see amazing work and meet other quillers. Registration forms and more information is posted on the NAQG web site www.naqg.org (http://www.naqg.org)

Any questions, feel free to contact me.

Gail Freed
Host of the 2011 NAQGCON

Shel
09-27-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm sooooo excited for you! I'm glad you're hosting and I'm looking forward to helping out too. California, here I come! : )

Shelly

freedgailf
09-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Thanks so much Shelly, I'm going to need all the help I can get. I'm soooo excited you're coming.

Gail

I'm sooooo excited for you! I'm glad you're hosting and I'm looking forward to helping out too. California, here I come! : )

Shelly

Lucía
10-03-2010, 05:23 PM
WOW! It's great news that you are hosting the conference this year! I know it will be successful and I will attend despite the long journey from Spain to California, but I'll be happy to meet you again and other quillers, whom I met in Tampa.

Lucía

freedgailf
02-07-2011, 07:05 PM
There is no end to the things you'll see and learn when attending a North American Quilling Guild Conference. Non-guild members are also encouraged to come and join the fun. If you are new to quilling, or want to expand your work, this is the place to be...just bring your quilling tools and paper strips to practice everything you will learn.

We have a block of rooms reserved at a discounted rate, single/double occupancy; promotional code is NAQG. Don't hesitate to come by yourself...you'll feel right at home the minute you arrive, or bring family to visit Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm only 13 miles away.

A few of the free classes offered you'll be able to choose from, will include:

Paper frame;
Husking;
Mystery 3D miniature;
Free standing wishing well;
Iris folding meets quilling;
Origami box to decorate with quilling;
and a Quilled Card that combines cardstock and acetate. More classes will be added.

Saturday activity will include competition voting, public viewing of displays, demos (folding roses, combing, looping, etc.), raffle items. Anything you want to learn or improve upon, there is someone willing to show you. It's a great opportunity to know quillers from all over the U.S. and other countries.

To learn more about the conference, go to the NAQG web site at www.naqg.org (http://www.naqg.org) and click on NAQGCON at the top of the page, or contact me.

Hoping to meet you in April.
Gail

freedgailf
03-17-2011, 02:34 PM
The April 1 deadline to send in your registrations to attend this year's NAQGCON in Newport Beach, California is coming up soon.

You don't want to miss attending some great classes, shop for quilling supplies (no shipping & handling to pay); chance to win Elizabeth Moad's new book Christmas Quilling, vintage quilling books, paper weights & coasters to quill inside, Flower Soft, recessed frames for quilling, possibly a 45 degree fringer, and more.

Gail Freed / Host

Labradoodle Girl
05-24-2011, 07:23 PM
I wanted to go so bad! I couldn't go because I'm in Georgia and I'm 11 so my parents said no way to going to California. Maybe next year if it's closer by or it's during spring break.:o