PDA

View Full Version : November 2008 Contest

Dave
10-31-2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Everyone,
We just gave away two free quilling books last month! It was great hearing from so many people from all over the word!

This month we are going to be giving away two of our new kits that will be coming out. They are not even released yet, so I can't tell you what they are. But two lucky winners will be the first ones to receive them in the mail.

All you have to do for this month is the following:

Publicly reply to this post and let everyone know what you will be quilling for the holidays.

We will randomly draw two names from all those that appropriately respond. I am looking forward to hearing some great quilling ideas for the holidays!

Happy Quilling!
Dave
Quilled Creations
http://www.quilledcreations.com

Dragonfly
10-31-2008, 11:56 PM
I plan to try and make enough snowflakes to decorate my Christmas Tree

craftingsue
11-01-2008, 01:41 AM
Hey, I get to be first this month. :)

For the holidays I have been quilling cards (so what else is new :rolleyes: ) but I have also been making some miniatures and some ornaments for the tree. I have made some boondoggles candy canes, some angels and some christmas trees. My sister asked me to make a santa claus for her to give to her son, so I will be making that soon.

Happy quilling everyone. Sue :cool:

Anu.karthik
11-02-2008, 03:25 AM
Hi All,

During this holidays I plan to quill these:

1. A card with a tree - autum leaves.
2. Do decorations on a box - either buy a box or create one from origami.
3. A card with pink and lavender flowers.
4. Miniature quilling of flowers.

Enjoy quilling and the holidays too!!!

Cheers,
Anu

Hi Everyone,
We just gave away two free quilling books last month! It was great hearing from so many people from all over the word!

This month we are going to be giving away two of our new kits that will be coming out. They are not even released yet, so I can't tell you what they are. But two lucky winners will be the first ones to receive them in the mail.

Publicly reply to this post and let everyone know what you will be quilling for the holidays.

We will randomly draw two names from all those that appropriately respond. I am looking forward to hearing some great quilling ideas for the holidays!

Happy Quilling!
Dave
Quilled Creations

Angie Mackenzie
11-02-2008, 09:35 AM
I am making lots of Christmas Cards to sell to colleagues and swim friends.I am donating a percentage of sales to our fundraising to take a group of competitive swimmers to a Bluewater SwimCamp in Palma 2009. I am also making some of my decorated chocolate filled gift boxes and Gift bags with tags as well as some Calendars. Plenty to keep me busy! :D

Jennifer
11-02-2008, 10:50 AM
I am working on 100 angel pins to give as gifts to our hospice volunteers for Christmas.
Jennifer

Memster
11-02-2008, 01:24 PM

I will be quilling either snowflakes or poinsettas for my Christmas cards this year. I'm thinking maybe some type of frame?

Maria

Cheryl
11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
I hope to make many cards and snowflakes to give to family. I will be donating a kidney to my hubby the second week of Dec. so I figure I will have 2 weeks before Christmas to quill, quill, quill. :)

barefeetcash
11-02-2008, 07:11 PM
I am new to quilling, I have just made my first card, sadly for a friends husbands death, but not so sadly i got the parise i may have been inneed of as far as how beautiful it was.. The white cross whas my first..
this season i will be quilling cards for birthdays in december, ornaments for the tree ,windows, and each member and friends of my family..

Clare Wong
11-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Hi,

As Xmas & Chinese New Year (Jan 26 2009) are coming soon, I just tried and will try out more on snowflakes. Will have a sharing session on 9th to work on 3D Xmas tree and Poinsettia on small pot.

Also plan some traditional Chinese style floral picture frame with Chinese word "Fook" (Joy & Peace).

Clare

katwatts
11-03-2008, 08:02 AM
I am just getting back into quilling after being away for about 20 years. (I hope it's like riding a bike :p . I use to be an avid x-stitcher, but my eyesight just isn't what it use to be :( .

My plan is to quill small gifts for:
1) my doctoral cohort team members
2) my staff at work
3) family and friends

My first projects will be to quill some adorable angel ornaments I found a pattern for and some snowflakes.

Kir
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Snowflakes! lots and lots of snowflakes!
Everyone on my Christmas card list always get hand made cards for me, and this year for the first time, I am quilling the cards. I have been working slowly the past few months amassing snowflakes. Each one is unique! Now I have to design the rest of the card and start assembling. I hope I make them sturdy enough to send through the mail. I think I will try to make a few extra snowflakes for ornaments and gifts.

gecko77
11-04-2008, 05:34 AM
I'm assuming Christmas here as the summer holidays are over... I've been busy quilling some Christmas tree decorations, earrings and cards. I'm decorating some cardboard Christmas shapes I got hold of for the tree decorations. The completed ones look good so far. :D I'm also thinking of doing some 3D angels, I'll see how time goes!

kunal_des22
11-04-2008, 06:19 AM
Hi All,

This is in reference to the Contest , I have just finished making a " Decorative Arti Thali " used in Puja for God as a Decorative Piece in any of the Festive times like Dusshera, Diwali etc.here in India, entirely made up of Paper Quilling and have also added some Glitter to make it Sparkling.
I would also be making some Gift Envelopes for the Upcoming Marriage Season, also would be making some Christmas Greeting Cards and Gift Tags to be given along with the Chocolates during Christmas.

Happy Quilling,

Thanx,
Kunal.

QuillingJennifer
11-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Hi Everyone!
I plan on quilling some Christmas cards with snowmen on them, and hopefully I will have time to quill some Christmas presents for my family. My sister-in-law is due to have a baby around Christmas so, I will quill something for the baby too.

Jennifer

quill4fun
11-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Snowflakes and more snowflakes. Spritz them with hair spray and sprinkle on the sugar fine glitter. They look awesome then. The hair spray works relatively well, but I really wonder if there is some spray on adhesive or something that would work better. :confused:

QuillingJennifer
11-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Hi!

I plan on quilling some Christmas cards with snowmen on them and quilling some presents for my family. My sister-in-law is expecting a baby around the holidays so I am going to quill something for the baby too. I've got a lot to do-I better get started! Have fun quilling everyone!

Jennifer

freedgailf
11-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I plan on quilling Christmas tree ornaments to replace the ones I made last year that mysteriously disappeared from our office Christmas tree.

Whether you are a new quiller or not, it's a treat to see what everyone has made, so I hope you all will post photos of your work.

Gail

RenD
11-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I plan on quilling some christmas cards and some snowflakes for the tree and gifts. :o

keoppel
11-12-2008, 12:38 PM
This holiday season I plan to quill snowflakes, poinsettas, candy canes and other ornamental christmas objects to decorate the greeting cards I will be sending to all my family and friends. When all that is completed, I plan on quilling several different wedding designs to use as embellishments on my wedding scrapbook. :)

Sadika
11-12-2008, 11:59 PM
Hi there,

I am a new member and it is a pleasure being on this forumn. I quilled as a studnet at school. My English teacher had introduced my class to the wonderful world of quilling. I plan to introduce my students to this world and teach them this art and.. to go further, by pasting quilled pieces on their charts and books for exceptionally good behaviour and work well done. This may work as a better incentive than the standard stickers. I sure hope it does!

grandmalka4
11-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Hi...I intend to incorporate quilled Christmas designs into my homemade greeting cards for the Holiday season...

Kir
11-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Snowflakes and more snowflakes. Spritz them with hair spray and sprinkle on the sugar fine glitter. They look awesome then. The hair spray works relatively well, but I really wonder if there is some spray on adhesive or something that would work better. :confused:

They do make aerosol glues in spray cans, kind of like spray paint. A good craft or art store would carry it. I have used it to attach posters to foam board, but i'd practice on a few waste pieces to test it, and figure out the optimum distance from the piece to get just the perfect layer of glue. And above all read the instructions and follow them carefully. I think the stuff is highly flamible as it comes out of the can and bad to inhale. (glue in lungs = bad) I alway do it outdoors in a mask, preferably with the breeze to my back.

hborrowman
11-13-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm teaching Holiday Quilling to my Stamping Group. I've decided on Poinsettia's, Angels and Snowflakes.

SanDslnrs
11-16-2008, 08:14 PM
Hello,
I will be making Christmas items. I definitely want to make the snowflakes and maybe poinsettias for cards. I've seen a few different ideas here and can't wait to try them out.

Sandy

jperleevt
11-17-2008, 08:17 AM
Snowflakes, angels, candy canes and other smaller ornaments for the tree.

Jen

Starkid17
11-18-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi. I am new to this group and pretty new to quilling. I am 12 years old and live in PA. I am going to try to make some snowflakes and pointsettas to put on cards.

LadyTrucker
11-18-2008, 01:46 PM
I will be quilling my christmas cards this year. I only just started quilling so I will be donig something small and easier like holly and berries.
Thanks for the wonderful giveaways and keep up the awesome work!
Wendy Friesen

spankyswife
11-18-2008, 04:35 PM
I'll be making some ornaments, cards and gift tags. I haven't done any of this stuff for a couple of years, but I can't wait to get started!

mac
11-18-2008, 10:25 PM
I am going to quill some gift tags for Christmas presents this year, hopefully all my gifts can have one of my tags on it!

sipot
11-18-2008, 10:26 PM
I am going to attempt 3d elves, santa, reindeer etc.

gopishah15
11-22-2008, 06:09 AM
im very new to this art... want to learn it as i love quilling a lot... was looking for a perfect quilling kit.... i wish i can have this one... well if i win this kit i would love to make everything tht is possible frm it... cards, gift tags, photo frames and slowly expertise it to get into 3D quilling... :)

zombiecazz
11-22-2008, 04:27 PM
I'm completely new to this quiling lark. I'm much more a crocheter, but I do like to dabble in other crafts.
When I saw a magazine that had instructions on how to make quilled butterflies and then turn them into earrings I was hooked.
I bought a little set to make dragonflies and can't wait to get started.
So dragonfly earrings here we go.

ReCreations
11-24-2008, 09:12 AM
I have not quilled for years and am picking up the craft again. I will be quilling satin ball Christmas ornaments this year! They are gorgeous! Happy Quilling to All!!
ReCreations

Hi Everyone,

Happy Quilling!
Dave
Quilled Creations

Joy
11-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I am quilling white poinsettias and attaching them to ivory colored keepsake boxes to give as gifts at the office.
I am also teaching my daughters and daughter-in-law how to quill.

Piper
11-26-2008, 01:54 AM
HI - I am going to try to make a snowflake from Alli's snowflake
kit : )

karen5295
11-26-2008, 02:13 PM
I have quilled some Christmas cards for my family and friends, and I have ordered a few of the acrylic coasters and I'm quilling different items to make small gifts for my co-workers and friends.

granite
11-27-2008, 09:23 AM
I'm quilling a little flock of hummingbird ornaments and also decorating purchased snowflake ornaments with quilled flowers.

quillway
11-27-2008, 09:39 AM
I plan on quilling some ornaments for the tree and christmas cards . :o

jimlou
11-28-2008, 03:10 AM
Hi Dave!

I have been making cards for a while but I want to all Qullling to them now. I don't know very much about this craft but I think it is lovely and and so much to a card. The other thing is my hands are loseing their grip and getting where they can't do very much and I hope Quilling will help with the movement.
Looking forward to learing a new craft.
Later, jimlou

Sally
11-28-2008, 03:00 PM
I'll be quilling snowflakes, Santas, angels, poinsettias, to make into magnets for stocking stuffers.

Dave
12-03-2008, 08:59 AM
The November contest has come to an end. We have randomly selected two people and the winners are:

craftingsue
Kir

Congratulations! You are the winner of one of our yet to be released quilling kits! I can't publicly disclose what they are yet ;) , but if you email me (dave@quilledcreations.com) your address, I will send one out to you! :)

Happy Quilling Everyone!
Dave
Quilled Creations