PDA

View Full Version : Hi from another PA newbie

farmmom
03-31-2006, 10:45 PM
:) Hello I am a long time quiller and getting back into it. Was surfing and found this wonderful site.

Craftali
04-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Hi there! I've only just found it too, but then, I've only just started quilling. :)

tina60
04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi and welcome, to the both of you. So glad you have joined here, this is a great site, i'm lurking all the time looking at what other quillers are making and talking about. I love the supplies i have gotten from here. Hope to hear alot from the both of you.

BusyD
04-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Hi Tina! Mind if I ask you where you are from in PA?

My name is Debbie and I am not far the Pgh. Airport. I am just getting back into quilling...trying to replace my lost items.

Anyways, just wanted to say Hello and Welcome! :)

Debbie

farmmom
04-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks Tina60 for the invite. I am not familar much and do not know how to work sites with emailing or however.

Yes BusyD it is a small world because I live in the country outside of Washington towards Hickory. and my 2 brothers worked driving triaxle dumps for Russells Ind. That was terrible of the flood in your area and Carnegi.

I came across this site surfing to find new ideas. My mother-in-law introduced me 30+ yrs ago. I used it for our shower gifts, wedding placecards,and gifts for bridal attendents. It was in 1976 so used a bicentenial $1.oo and quilled a floral pattern in wedding colors and made cloth frames of bridal dresses. It was a Colonial wedding so worked out nicely and my mother made the colonial style dresses for all so had the material.
I have not done much Quilling until lately have several weddings coming up so I will make it around their invites for gift. I am working at making a rose and saw some other ideas.

BusyD
04-07-2006, 11:46 PM
Wow! We are neighbors almost! :) I actually live outside of Oakdale in Noblestown. (We were in that awful flood and I am still trying to replace my stuff! )

I just bought a vintage book that I used to use to do invitations etc. Now I am trying to find the old tool I used so I can start again! I am pretty anxious too. :) Since our home is just about fixed up again, I am working hard on replacing my beloved craft stuff. I have a wedding coming up and I want to do the invitation.

I just can't get over how close we are! Hickory is a cute lil town. We drive through there quite often on our trecks to the kids' ball games, Gabriels, Builder's Surplus etc.

Debbie