PDA

View Full Version : February 2006 Contest

Dave
02-20-2006, 02:25 PM
Seeing as I am way behind this month, I am going to make this one short and sweet. All you have to do is answer the simple question below and you will be entered in a random drawing to win a quilling kit of your choice.

How long have you been quilling?

Any member of the forum can reply. We will randomly select one winner from all those that appropriately reply and then they will be able to select the quilling kit of their choice for free!

Happy posting! :)
Dave
Quilled Creations

------ UPDATE - WE HAVE A WINNER! ------

We have a winner for the February contest. It was great seeing how we have so many new people interested in quilling. But, the randomly selected winner is one of our veteran quillers, granite!

Congratulations granite, you can now select one of our quilling kit and we will send it right out to you at no charge. Just send me an email with the kit and your address and we will get it right out to you.

swimmie
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I have been quilling for just over a year. I got my first supplies for Christmas of 2004. :)

sipot
02-20-2006, 05:32 PM
I have been quilling for about 3 years but originally had bought a snowflake kit about 10 years ago which I did then did not do any until 3 years ago.

Baby K
02-20-2006, 05:33 PM
About 2 months is all I have been quilling for but I do really enjoy it. :)

Angie Mackenzie
02-20-2006, 06:09 PM
Seeing as I am way behind this month, I am going to make this one short and sweet. All you have to do is answer the simple question below and you will be entered in a random drawing to win a quilling kit of your choice.

Any member of the forum can reply. We will randomly select one winner from all those that appropriately reply and then they will be able to select the quilling kit of their choice for free!

Dave
Quilled Creations

Hi, I have been quilling for about 3 years now but only started "seriously" quilling about 1 year ago. My very first quilling set was a small kit that i was the highest bidder for at a silent auction at our Church.I thought it was such a bargain for 1.50 :D Since then my little hobby has cost me a fortune as i expand my supplies of paper, tools, books etc.........but it is all very worthwhile and such a relaxing hobby :cool:

Angie

Dragonfly
02-20-2006, 08:10 PM
I have been quilling for about 2 years. Mostly just to give as Christmas presents.

mac
02-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I bought a herb kit on Ebay last year and have been using the patterns to make cards.

Amanda Miller
02-21-2006, 07:50 AM
I have been quilling for 2 years.I love it!!

Jayanthy
02-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I have just started quilling about a month back and I feel it is very creative. My friends were so excited to see my cards and their excitement gives me inspiration. Since Iam working as a teacher, Iam not able to spend enough time for quilling but Iam managing to make a few in between. Iam happy that I learnt an art which is very satisfying.

Jayanthy

JenniHunt
02-21-2006, 11:21 AM
How funny is that? I just read the contest for this month and looked back to when I took a class in quilling last month and it was exactly 1 month ago today!

I am totally hooked & thank you for this awesome web site! It has great information & wonderful inspirational photos in the gallery.

Happy Quilling!
Jenni
:)

paperplanes
02-21-2006, 11:23 AM
I have been quilling for about a year now. Although I haven't had time to quill lately, I still love the craft and will try to quill soon.

Vandutch
02-21-2006, 08:33 PM
I have been quilling a little over a year. I received my first book on quilling for Christmas 2004. I truly enjoy it!

Vandutch

sauterelle
02-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I am now quilling for 1 1/2 years, and I am really addicted to it
I never heard about that art before that, my husband offer me a gift certificate in a craft store for my birthday september 2004, and when I saw that I bought everything I need to start and never stop since. :)
Carmen

Karin1969
02-22-2006, 01:48 AM
I'm not sure how long :confused: I have been quilling for, but I know I started before I moved to Canberra from Sydney, and I've been down here for 11 years, so probably 12 or 13 years!

I really like the versatility of the craft - you can make it as simple or as complicated as you like.

I would like to have more time to do the projects in my head - I have at least five in the queue at the moment, but just don't have the time to do it at the moment because of work. Oh well, one day! :p

Karin

Ruth H.
02-22-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm new to this forum. I found it while trying to buy supplies for quilling. I love the website. :)
I've only been quilling for about 6 months. I started after I took a class at the local scrapbook store. I had so much fun that 3 of my friends are now quilling.

gecko77
02-22-2006, 04:00 PM
I've been quilling for 17 years... for a while now I've been telling people its about 10 years. I now realise I've been saying that for nearly another 10! Oops!!! :(

Bethan

hobo
02-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I have been quilling on and off for ten years! My how the time flies. Teaching and three small boys distract me. Every so often something like the local show inspires me to make something for the craft section.

granite
02-22-2006, 10:38 PM
I began quilling while pregnant with my son....so that makes it 18 years now. I was involved in a craft show demonstrating scherenschnitte; so of course I spent a lot of time comparing paper techniques with the lady who was quilling. By the end of the show I was twirling paper too.

barbiej
02-23-2006, 05:59 AM
I have been quilling for almost 2 years. My mom had just opened a craft store and she brought in a quilling tool and some paper. I bought them and a book and was hooked immediately!
Barbie

Cheryl
02-23-2006, 09:26 PM
I have been quilling for 2 years now. This is the first time that I have really not been doing much of it lately. I hope to get my enthusiasm back soon.
Cheryl

gtiglao1
02-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Hi! I have been quilling for 3 years already. My sister gave me a starter kit from Australia. Since then I've been making quilled cards. Some, I gave away as gifts but last Christmas I sold some of my cards. Now I'm making cards for my friend (who is a diver) depicting under the sea.

Regards to all quillers! :)
gtiglao1

quillway
02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I have been quilling for 2 years now. Although I haven't had time to do it lately, I want to start quilling again soon.

catherine
02-26-2006, 08:49 AM
I was a collector of minitures in my preteen years and quilled quite a few minitures which was about 25 years ago and remembering of loving the art of quilling, I recently (1 month) started back up and cannot put down the quilling tools.

bajaturtle
02-26-2006, 03:46 PM
I just got the stuff today and am going to learn how to do this. I looks fun. And I am new as of today also.

eldize
02-26-2006, 06:17 PM
I have been quilling for about 1 year now :) LUV to make personalized items for friends and family :D Not enough hours in my day to complete all the projects :mad: I think I am addicted :eek:

PS - Luv your site

Beth

gemstatemom
02-27-2006, 01:41 PM

I started Oct. of 2001. Can't believe it's been over 4 years!

ginger
02-27-2006, 05:47 PM
I have been quilling for about a year now. I love it. My son actually did some quilling in their 2nd grade class with wider strips of paper. I sent in an example of "real" quilling. After that, my son was taking orders of what his friends wanted. :eek: Such a wonderful art!

higidget2
02-28-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi Dave, I am just starting to Quill. I sew, scrapbook and make cards. I love the look of quilling and would like to learn to do this craft, I know it will look lovely on my cards.

Thank you.

Anne

Dave
Quilled Creations

Jen2454
03-03-2006, 01:42 PM
I have been quilling a whole 3 days and I have gone crazy over it.. I can't believe the beautiful things you can make. How I didn't start doing this before I don't know!

Karendj
03-04-2006, 02:13 AM
I have been quilling for about 4 months. I started at Christmas time and I am now working on Easter items. I had my Christmas kits for over 6 months before I got the courage to start quilling. I have really gotten into it.
You have the best site on the web.
Thanks,
Karen

robinsmyers
03-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Hi Dave,

I have been quilling since November (just 4 months) and just love it. I always go overboard and find that I have to have everything available in any given craft I am doing. I enjoy this one so much, I'm going to have to allocate a room in my house entirely for quilling! Your site is just wonderful, especially for a newbie.
Robin

susiequills
03-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi all,
The question is: How long have you been quilling?

I started quilling with a quilled jewelry kit that my mom got me for my birthday or Christmas in :rolleyes: 1969 or 1970. Taught myself from the directions that were included :D .

Then in 1982, as one of my first jobs, I worked in a gift shop that had a miniature dollhouse section. While there, I quilled furniture and plants from the Quill Art kits for the store owner.
Quilled on and off from that time then took it back up almost two years ago on a regular basis.

I do not know if it is cheaper than medication....but It works as my drug of choice!! :)

"susiequills"

Dave
03-08-2006, 04:40 PM
We have a winner for the February contest. It was great seeing how we have so many new people interested in quilling. But, the randomly selected winner is one of our veteran quillers, granite!

Congratulations granite, you can now select one of our quilling kit and we will send it right out to you at no charge. Just send me an email with the kit and your address and we will get it right out to you.

Thanks for participating everyone! :)

Dave
Quilled Creations
http://www.quilledcreations.com