PDA

View Full Version : Question about selling

JenniHunt
02-06-2006, 08:06 PM
I have just gotten into quilling and I have fallen in love with it. I have created a few of my own designs and have framed a few as gifts. (I have attached one here)

My town holds an annual craft show (in August) that I was thinking of trying to see if anyone would be interested in buying some of the things that I have done. I have never done this before.

I have been doing some original designs, but if I sell a design that has a dragonfly in it from a kit or a pattern that I have, are there copyright laws in place that if I sold it would infringe upon?

Also, I was thinking that I have enough knowledge now to teach the basics to people in my area if anyone is interested.

Can I charge a fee for supplies and stuff if I buy them from here and resell them? Is this taboo?

There are no quilling supplies anywhere in my area (I've looked!) so how else could I do this?

I know this is a lot to ask, but if anyone has any information that they can pass on I would greatly appreciate it!

Happy Quilling!

gecko77
02-09-2006, 06:56 AM
Also, I was thinking that I have enough knowledge now to teach the basics to people in my area if anyone is interested.

Can I charge a fee for supplies and stuff if I buy them from here and resell them? Is this taboo?

There are no quilling supplies anywhere in my area (I've looked!) so how else could I do this?

You could always charge a small fee for workshops so that any materials used that you have bought are paid for, without selling anything directly. It would depend a lot on your supplier! You could negotiate something with a supplier or just provide people with details of internet suppliers if there is nothing in your area.

Gecko77