PDA

View Full Version : Hi

jigisha_hiren
01-30-2006, 04:11 AM
Hi Everyone

I have just joined this forum. I have learnt quilling just recently(2 months now) and so very new to this and as I can see, some of us are so experienced in this art.I quite enjoy doing all my quilling and at times work quite late in the night doing the stuff.
Since I started learning, I made some cards, one 3D frame abt. miniature garden and lots of tags.I am still in learning phase as some of my shapes do not come out so well.
To begin with, I have following querry

1. My loose rolls do not open up uniformly. Therefore the flower petals etc. do not look so neat and filled up.
2. When I stick on the paper, the glue marks trouble be a lot. How to avoid the marks/shine after sticking?

Thanks and take care

freedgailf
01-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Hi, Jigisha:

To answer your first question. Try and keep the same tension/pressure on the strip as you roll it. Lighter pressure for a looser coil and firmer pressure for a tighter coil. This just takes practice until you get the right "feeling" in your fingers. If a coil is too loose, just roll it again slightly firmer. If a coil is too tight, I usually take a pin and reverse twirl it back around the resting coils. That usually opens it a little more.

Second, you might be using too much glue. You only need a speck to glue the tail end to the coil. When I put my piece on a card, I dip a toothpick a short way into the glue and roll it across the back/bottom of my piece, repeating as I go along the back. Or, spread a thin amount of glue onto wax paper and holding your piece with tweezers, dip the piece onto the glue just enough to catch the edge. Don't worry if you miss a spot, there will be enough on the back of the piece to hold it in place.

Gail

Hi Everyone

I have just joined this forum. I have learnt quilling just recently(2 months now) and so very new to this and as I can see, some of us are so experienced in this art.I quite enjoy doing all my quilling and at times work quite late in the night doing the stuff.
Since I started learning, I made some cards, one 3D frame abt. miniature garden and lots of tags.I am still in learning phase as some of my shapes do not come out so well.
To begin with, I have following querry

1. My loose rolls do not open up uniformly. Therefore the flower petals etc. do not look so neat and filled up.
2. When I stick on the paper, the glue marks trouble be a lot. How to avoid the marks/shine after sticking?

Thanks and take care