PDA

View Full Version : Help with squirrels?

NRAPatriotic
01-11-2006, 12:51 AM
:confused: Hi! I am REALLY new to this quilling thing... As in, I have never actually tried it but I have some supplies and books... Anyway, I collect squirrels (literally, I have 2 that can't be released so they live with me) and would love to learn how to quill some squirrels! I do tole painting, crochet, needlepoint, cross stitch, scrapbooking, and clay sculptures. As you can see, the last thing I need is a new craft but hey, the Queen of Unfinished Projects can't relinquish her throne! Anyway, now that I have rambled on enough, do any of you quilling queens know how I would make a squirrel or of any books that have a squirrel in them? Thanks so very much for sharing your wisdom!

Diana

sipot
01-11-2006, 05:56 PM
One thing I find to be very useful is coloring books. You can just use the picture to get the shape and outline and just fill it in with the appropriate colors. Hope that helps.

I have never seen a book yet with a squirrel in it.

Cheryl
01-12-2006, 05:42 AM
Diana,
I have never quilled a squirrel but you may want to check out your local Walmart store. I have seen in the craft section quilled stickers and I do recall seeing a squirrel. I actually bought a Christmas pack and one with ducks just to kind of copy from. If you use a pattern from a coloring book you usually have to fill the whole thing in with little marquise (spelling ?) and this is time consuming but it is great if you want to make a larger picture. Hope to see some pics soon.
Cheryl