PDA

View Full Version : wow...I'm not that good at quilling... :o

Kayla/KJ/Daphne
01-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for the best quilling book over all? I haven't been quilling long and will take any help/advice I can get! Thanks!
~Kayla

Battie
01-06-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm pretty new too. I bought on kit (Just For Little Girls) and one book called, Twirled Paper by Jacquieline Lee. Instructions are clear and simple to follow. I've heard that Quilling - Techniques and Inspiration (sold here) is suppose to be very good as well, but I don't own it...yet.

mlk
01-06-2006, 06:24 PM
The Books that I would Suggest would be:
Quilled Greeting Cards by Diane Crane
Quilling Techniques and Inspiration by Jane Jenkins
Twirled Paper Book/Kit
Book of Paper Quilling by Malinda Johnston
Paper Quilling - Weekend Crafter by Malinda Johnston
Miniatures in Quilling by Malinda Johnston

I love these book. I started by teaching myself and I finally got a book, Quilled Greeting Cards and Quilling Techniques and Inspiration. I would recommend all of the books because they have all helped me and inspired me a great deal. They have great ideas and they help you get started.

Some of the books you can find on Quillingsuperstore (http://www.quillingsuperstore.com)

Also I would suggest, if you haven't already, getting a slotted quilling tool.

There are other things that you can get as well to help you with your quilling like a Fringer, Crimper, Ruler, Pointed Scissors, Tweezers, and a cork or styrofoam board. But then again all this will be said in the books. :D

If you need anyother information feel free to ask
And I will be posting my pictures soon, hopefully!

mlk :cool:

sandra1975
01-07-2006, 06:15 AM
if you are stating again, I suggest you the book of twirled paper, already come with material and tool, have nice and funny designs as well, look in the website of Amazon www.amazon.com , they have the first pages for you look what have inside of the book

anther sugestion is for you check the website :
http://www.craftcreations.co.uk/pages/magazines/download__mag.mhtml?SSN_ID=e9c550a99cb26f41d40be9c 5d0b5f87d

in this website you gona find magazine with designs and technics of quilling and much more, is for free and you can see in the website, print to read later or just save in the computer.

kisses and sucess

Sandra Douma
Netherlands :)