PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from PA

MicheleP
11-11-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi everyone....I am new to this site and to quilling. I got myself 2 kits on Ebay and have made about 8 things.

I did a Goggle search for a quilling board and found this site. I just ordered a Beginner Kit because I have a hard time keeping my circles the same size. So I hope the board will help.

I am an avid scrapbooker and really enjoy learning new things.

Look forward to "cyber meeting" all of you.

Michele :)

Cheryl
11-11-2005, 01:20 PM
Welcome Michelle. My name is Cheryl. I am also from PA. That is if you are referring to Pennsylvania. What town are you from? At the moment I live in Plymouth. Right outside of Wilkes-Barre, about 30 minutes from Scranton. I am sure you will be happy with your circle board. I use mine all the time. You will really enjoy quilling and soon, if you already aren't, you will be purchasing punches for flowers. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them. Everyone will try thier best to answer them. Hope to see some pictures in the gallary. If you are not addicted to this art form, you soon will be. :D
Cheryl

MicheleP
11-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Oh my Cheryl......I am from West Pittston !! Talk about a small world.

Are you a Scrapper also ??

So nice to hear from you.

Michele

Cheryl
11-14-2005, 05:24 AM
Michele,
No, I am not into scrapbooking. I did buy 2 scrapbooks a few months ago but have never had a chance to do anything with them. Since I started quilling, that takes up all my free time. I have had a quite a few orders for things and now I am consumed with Christmas gifts. I will probably be moving to Ashley next month so that will take a lot of my time. Maybe we can get together some time in the spring or summer and share ideas. I have been quilling for close to 2 years now and have learned so much from my friends on the internet. There is another member of the group that is from the Poconos. I can not remember her name though. This art is starting tho become more popular. Did you see on Channel 16 with Mike Stevens this past week? He interviewed an area who has been quilling for 40 years. Talk to you soon.
Take care.
Cheryl