PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Old Design

Denise Donaldson
09-30-2005, 11:08 PM
Hello, Fellow Quillers!

Am looking forward to talking with such a creative group, but my immediate object is to track down, if possible, a design dating back at least 20 years, and possibly 30 or more. I bought the design as a kit from a company which I believe used to be based in Missouri, maybe St. Joseph. It's a vertical design, meant to go into an 8 x 10 frame. The shapes are simple, mostly scrolls, eyes, and leaves. Probably 10 or more colors were used, all brights. The design consisted of fantastical birds and flowers, and was shown mounted on a black background. I made the design, mounted it, and gave it to my aunt. After her death, it disappeared. I'd previously lost all my crafting supplies and books in a fire, and my last chance of re-creating the design was in tracking down the one I'd given to my aunt. Now I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have any memory of such a design, and know where I could find it?

Thanks!

Denise

barbiej
10-01-2005, 07:37 AM
Try Charli at Too Bad Dogs. She has a vast knowledge of vintage kits and should be able to help you.

http://too-bad-dogs-inc.com/

Good Luck,
Barbie

freedgailf
01-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Denise:

I've seen the design you are looking for in one of the photo albums on Yahoo Group Quillpictures.

You probably purchased the pattern from Quill Art Inc., which is now Lake City Crafts in Nixa, Missouri, owned by Melinda Johnson. You might want to contact them, the design might be available in one of their publications.

Gail