PDA

View Full Version : Best glue to use

Amanda Miller
09-13-2005, 06:43 PM
I know this question has been out here before but I need to ask again.What is the best brand of glue to use?I got a small amount in a kit I got and am almost out.The problem is there was no name on the bottle to buy more.I heard plain elmers glue is to messy.Any ideas about one I can pick up at a local craft store(Michaels,Hobby Lobby,ect.)Thanks

IreneH
09-13-2005, 10:13 PM
I know this question has been out here before but I need to ask again.What is the best brand of glue to use?I got a small amount in a kit I got and am almost out.The problem is there was no name on the bottle to buy more.I heard plain elmers glue is to messy.Any ideas about one I can pick up at a local craft store(Michaels,Hobby Lobby,ect.)Thanks

I use PVC Craft Glue.

Its white when wet, but it dries clear.

another good one, i use, is UHU Twist Glue.
This one is good for sticking large pieces of paper together.

craftingsue
09-14-2005, 02:20 AM
I mostly use Aleene's Tacky Glue. I use the regular stuff for most of my quilling but I like the clear tacky glue for when I want a little more time to adjust the positioning, as it doesn't dry as quickly. Also, I thin the tacky glue down a tiny bit with water. I find this makes it spread a little better so you don't get a lot of excess glue.

I have used Elmer's glue and other school glues, but I have decided that the Tacky Glue is the best for me. You should be able to get it at any craft store.

hope this helps. Sue :)

Lisa Hill
09-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi!

I asked the same question awhile back of the Quilled Creations owners. They said the glue in the small bottle that came with their kits was Elmers. I've been using it since I started quilling, and I find it easy to work with - it dries quickly and clearly and is not globby. I use small bottles so it's easy to control the amounts applied. I have also put a little bit on a paper plate and used a toothpick to apply the glue to my projects.

Good luck!