PDA

View Full Version : Good site for basic quilling shapes?

TheCatSpeaks
06-03-2005, 02:56 PM
Hello, guru quillers! :D

I've just decided to try quilling recently, and I've been doing a bit of research on the internet.

However, I work at Michaels and there is a book there with more basic shapes listed than I've been able to find on the net, but I don't want to pay the 30 dollars :rolleyes:

I'm going to try the library, but are there some good sites out there for showing basic shapes?

Thanx!

fsignorell
06-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Hello,

You could buy a beginner quilling kit from this site (Quilled Ceations) which is really wonderful to start with, every shape is very well described. That is how I began a few months ago.
Otherwise try www.parchcraftaustralia.com/quilling. All the shapes are also described there.

Regards.

Francine

fsignorell
06-03-2005, 04:02 PM
The exact full name of the site is:

parchcraftaustralia.com/quilling%20corner.htm

Have a nice day.
Francine

Yamadi
06-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Hay there girl.

Our public library has a limited amount of books on quillling, but they do have some. They do add books by request, and believe me, I have asked for some more on quilling.

I've checked out every single one of them over the years, and am waiting until they purge them so that I can buy them for myself. (I'm just getting back into quilling after a few years)

I have been buying old out of print books off of e-bay for the last 6 months or so, and quilling has changed over the years. Some of the shapes in the older books I've not seen in the more recent ones. (I'm researching the oragins of quilling) Check in our libary for paper craft books also. They do have chapters on quilling, and if they don't then some of the patterns from other paper crafts transfer over to quilling quite easily. I've also used plastic canvas and cross stich books/designs for inspiration, not just in quilling, but in other crafts as well. (I don't do either plasic cnavas or cross stich, you've got to draw the line somewhere).

There is a quilling kit for the kids at Micheals, and it runs about $26.00 if my memory is right. It's in the kids section of Micheals, and I think that it's called "Paper twurls" or something like that. It's a whole series of different crafts for kids. It's got some pretty funky designs for easy and quick quilled pieces. (You will not find it in the little part that they have the "quilling supplies" in.)

Maybe we can get together, and you can take a look at some of the books that I've got. It is a limited number at the moment mind you (I've not been very successful at winning them) but it'll be good to meet up with a fellow quiller. I'm going to drop you off a message.

Idamay

Dave
06-20-2005, 05:07 PM
You can take a look at Alli's Classroom on the Quilled Creations website. We have just started adding information to it. Right now it has most of the basic shapes....more will be added later this week.

http://www.quilledcreations.com

Thanks,
Dave
Quilled Creations

Canan
06-21-2005, 01:16 AM
Dear Dave and Alli,
I took a look at the first classroom :) and loved it. It is very well demonstrated and explained. Congradulations!!!
Waiting for the coming classes. Thank you for being so helpful.
Regards.
Canan ;)