PDA

View Full Version : Patterns

Cheryl
04-29-2005, 10:24 AM
I have been asked to do a frame for a person that is graduating from nursing school. I can draw out a pattern for the hat and the uniform but I do not know what else I can put on it. Any ideas? :confused:

gemstatemom
04-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I have been asked to do a frame for a person that is graduating from nursing school. I can draw out a pattern for the hat and the uniform but I do not know what else I can put on it. Any ideas? :confused:

Cheryl,

You could add some of the 'tools' of the trade tucked into a floral bouquet maybe? Thermometer, stethoscope (they do use them at my clinic anyway), syringe? This would be a bit challenging, but fun!

Let your creative muse have free rein!

Cheryl
04-29-2005, 10:54 AM
I thought about the syringe and stethoscope but I am not sure how I would do that out of paper. I may just go with buying the little scrapbooking packs and just add the flowers and her name. Although that would take away from the craft, it would be much easier. That is if she will agree with it. I will use that as my last resort. Thanks.

gemstatemom
04-29-2005, 11:30 AM
I thought about the syringe and stethoscope but I am not sure how I would do that out of paper. I may just go with buying the little scrapbooking packs and just add the flowers and her name. Although that would take away from the craft, it would be much easier. That is if she will agree with it. I will use that as my last resort. Thanks.

Cheryl,
Oh...don't start heading towards the back door yet... (the last resort). We don't want to discuss that now!

try a solid, shaped coil for the head of the stethoscopy, or two solid coils stacked. Use 1/16" width paper for the lines with tiny pegs on the other end for the earpieces.
You can use a silver pen to add detailing like the polished metal pieces on the steth.

Syringe barrel could be made with a stack of tiny solid coils glued on top of each other. Then lines could be drawn with black marker at the seams to create the syringe measuring lines. the needle could be a short piece of 1/16" paper trimmed to a point. Use Silver paper or use your silver pen to make it metallic looking.

Does that get'cha started?

Canan
04-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Cheryl,
I can't wait to see your project. Please, don't forget to share it with us.
Regards.
Canan :o

quill4fun
04-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Cheryl.......You have gotten some great ideas going here I think. I wanted to add a thought I had. You could do a little quote with small flowers around it on the corner or somewhere that said: "Nurses call the shots". ;)

Just a thought, and I, like others, will be waiting to see the finished piece!

Have fun.....Quill4fun

wkdap
04-29-2005, 06:24 PM
What about the year she is graduating,the school she is graduating from, what about a pair of scissors, stethoscope, thermometer, pill bottle. Things associated with nursing would be cute as added art...

Cheryl
05-02-2005, 05:25 AM
Thanks for all the great ideas! I have done other odd ones like basketball and tennis and they came out alright. I just need to practice. I am not sure if I will be able to post it because I just had all my other ones developed and not 1 turned out. My digital camera is not all that great either. You can not see the details very well. Thanks again.